Friday, January 1, 2021

 Zlin Z-242

Some of you may still remember my old creations for MSFS. I made also Zlin 142 ( FS98,2000,2002 ). When I started flying with X-plane a year ago, I thought also about flying my own plane in it. So I digged in my archive and found all my files. Zlin 242L seemed to be a good candidate for conversion to X-plane, I had its model ( never released ) and I can use default Cessna as a template, because it is similar category and has a Lycoming engine too.
 

At first it was just an experiment, if I can create my own model in Xplane. It was quite a struggle in the begining but in the end I succeeded.
The old 3D model has some areas with too low polygons, so I smoothed, rounded  them and added some details.

3D cokpit is usable already, it has only 2D instruments from default library, but with some modified backgrounds and it does not look as bad as I thought ( there is a room for an improvement ).
External textures are still temporary, only wings have more detailed texture test.
So here are some preview screenshots of my first plane, converted for Xplane.

More info here:

No comments: